The Ballestrini preschool program goals have been developed to promote the emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child. We hold the philosophy that each child is a unique individual with a variety of interests, needs, and abilities. When developing lesson plans and curriculum, we take into account each child's characteristics.
Preschool curriculum topics ...
- Dramatic or Practical Life Activities
- Sensory Stimulation
- Large Muscle Activity
Lesson plans consist of ...
- a balance of child initiated and teacher directed activities.
- a balance of active and quite activities.
- a variety of activities that motivate children to explore and learn through play.
- a regular balance of sensory activities, art, science, music, large motor, math, readiness, field trips, cooking, group activities, dramatic play, small motor, and language development.
Parent/Teacher conference is offered twice a year. Meetings discuss the child's intellectual, physical, social, and emotional progress. Conferences are documented and copies are offered to parents.
All curriculum is reviewed and evaluated annually by the director. Parents may review the curriculum.